The Los Angeles Times really knows how to throw a party. For the publication’s first annual Food & Wine Celebration, the Paramount backlot was littered with everything from cooking demonstrations by master chefs to an eclectic selection of LA based food trucks. Through it all, the wine and laughter kept flowing. The event’s final moment of triumph was a sunset performance by the always charming (albeit a little awkward) musical duo, She & Him. Photos and highlights from the day, below.
Photos from the Event (along with witty commentary):
I have arrived, feed me.
Bacon, bacon, bacon with The Food Network’s Aida Mollenkamp!
Just a couple of the many food trucks scattered around the backlot. Food truck name of the day goes to Munchie the Machine.
More scrumptious surprises await you around every turn (I’m pretty sure Willy Wonka said that).
A little Brooklyn in LA. I can vouch for the authenticity of these stoops.
Rousing Q&A Panel with Michael Voltaggio (Top Chef Season 6 Winner) and Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo (Owners of the Los Angeles Restaurant, Animal) about butter and farmer’s markets. Ok, only rousing if you’re a food nerd.
Highlights of the Event (in no particular order):
- Yakiniku Calamari tasting from Tantalum Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- Free Fish Tacos & Quesadillas from the Wahoo’s Food Truck
- Voskos Honey Yogurt with Granola
- Smooth Coffee from Don Francisco’s
- KyoChon’s Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
- A very strong shot of DC Tequila from Hoy Cantina
- A sweet but tart Riesling Wine from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard
Sadly, all great parties have to come to an end (you know, when all the wine is gone). See you next year - until then, happy eating and drinking!